; Careers and Volunteer Positions
Do you enjoy working with patients of all ages and cultures? Are you passionate about bringing quality care directly to the people who need it the most? We have opportunities for individuals who share our values and commitment to serving the local community.
Since Imperial Beach Health Center first opened its doors in 1971, our mission has been to provide high quality medical care for all members of our community.
We invite you to join our team and be part of our success. Each employee is hired to make significant contributions to our center. We offer you a pleasant working environment while making a gratifying contribution to the community.
The care manager functions as a core member of a Collaborative Care team that involves the patient’s primary care provider, a psychiatric consultant, and, when available, other behavioral health providers in the primary care clinic. The care manager is responsible for coordinating and supporting behavioral health care within the clinic and for coordinating referrals to clinically indicated services outside the clinic.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s level degree in counseling or social work
• Bilingual in Spanish and English
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively in a team setting
• Ability to maintain effective and professional relationships with patients and other members of the care team
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to effectively engage patients in a therapeutic relationship, when appropriate
• Ability to work with patients by telephone or in person
• Experience working with underserved, transient populations
• Experience working with patients who have co-occurring mental health, substance abuse, and physical health problems.
• Experience with evidence-based counseling techniques, when appropriate
Company Paid Employee Benefits
• 10 paid Holidays plus employee's birthday, 2 weeks sick and 2 weeks Vacation Time
››Staff Physician, Internal Medicine or Family Practice
National Health Service Corps – Loan Repayment Eligible Site (HPSA Score 14)
Since Imperial Beach Health Center first opened its doors in 1971, our mission has been to provide high quality medical care for all members of our community. As a community focused health center we are committed to being responsive to the health care needs of our area.
We invite you to join our team and be part of our success. Each employee is hired to make significant contributions to our center. We offer a pleasant working environment while a making a gratifying contribution to the community.
• License to practice medicine in the State of California.
• Board Certified
• Two years experience as a provider in an outpatient clinic, preferably community-based.
• Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
• Able to relate to culturally diverse patients and community.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) very helpful.
Company Paid Employee Benefits
• Paid malpractice insurance
• Paid CME hours
• Paid Holidays, Sick and Vacation Time
• National Health Service Corps – Loan Repayment Eligible Site(HPSA Score 14)
Email or Fax Resume to:
Attention: Jorge Gutierrez – Human Resources Director
Imperial Beach Health Center
949 Palm Ave
Imperial Beach CA 91932
›› Employee Benefit Summary
Medical & Dental Insurance is available to all benefit-eligible employees after two months of employment.
Life Insurance coverage for $25,000 is provided for all benefit eligible employees after two months of employment.
Employee Assistance Program is available for benefit eligible employees after two months of employment.
Dependent Health Insurance Alternatives are available through our broker. The premium can be paid through Cafeteria 125 Plan payroll deductions.
A Full-Service Vision Plan that provides routine examinations and eyewear is available. The full cost of this plan is paid by the employee.
Other Voluntary Coverage is available through AFLAC and Colonial.
For more detailed information regarding these benefits contact our Human Resources Department.
›› Clinical Rotations
We provide opportunities to Residents and students. For consideration please send your CV and a cover letter explaining your school requirements. The information will be forwarded to our Providers for consideration.
Internships are available at Imperial Beach Health Center and Nestor Community Health Center. High school students can earn community service hours. Individuals training to be a medical assistant can earn practical experience for program credit. Medical Assistant iinterns will gain experience working with Physicians and Mid-Level Providers in various specialties. For consideration, please write a one page cover letter telling us about your education and training. Include why you are interested in working for a Community Clinic. You may include letters of recommendation.
›› Competitive Pay & Benefits
We offer Competitive Pay and Company Paid Employee Benefits for: Health, Dental, Life, Malpractice insurance, CME hours, Holiday, Sick time, Vacation time
›› Great Location!
San Diego County has approximately 70 miles of coastline, mountains, wilderness areas, and desert. San Diego is also home to theater, dance and museums, Balboa Park, nightlife and other tourist attractions.
The City of Imperial Beach is the most southwesterly city in the continental United States. Its mild climate and 3.5 miles of beautiful southern California coastline offer swimming, surfing, fishing, the US Open Sand Castle Competition. Imperial Beach provides easy access to entertainment and recreation venues in San Diego, Tijuana and Northern Baja California.
The University of California at San Diego and San Diego State University are just two of the 19 colleges in San Diego contributing to strong biotech, pharmaceutical, technology and software industries.